The most likely airport you will use will be the Calgary Airport and from there you can connect to Cranbrook. Most of our guests rent a car in Calgary and drive from there.
Fernie is just a one hour drive east of Cranbrook, BC and the Canadian Rockies International Airport (YXC). This airport has daily flights to and from Calgary International Airport (YYC) and Vancouver International Airport (YVR). This airport also has three direct flights per week from Edmonton, Alberta.
Another close option lies in Kalispell, Montana in the United States. Kalispell is only a two hour drive to the south of Fernie, across the USA border (Roosville Border Crossing – open 24hrs). The Glacier Park International Airport in Kalispell receives daily flights from numerous US cities and airlines.
Fernie is situated on Highway 3 (Crowsnest Pass Highway) that travels from Alberta to the east and from Cranbrook, BC to the west. Driving conditions during the months of November-April can be difficult due to winter weather.
For road conditions visit www.drivebc.ca
Mountain High Shuttles and Charters operates an express shuttle between Calgary Airport (YYC) and Fernie 5 times a week. Book at least 7 days in advance to guarantee a seat.
Their experienced drivers will welcome you at the airport and transport you to your accommodation in Fernie. Relax and enjoy the 3 hours and 45 minutes ride through Alberta’s high plains and the Rocky Mountains as you make your way along BC’s Crowsnest Highway.
- 1 hour 15 min drive from the Canadian Rockies International Airport (Cranbrook, British Columbia – YXC)
- 3 hour drive from the Calgary International Airport (Calgary, Alberta – YYC)
- 2 hour drive from the Glacier Park International Airport (Kalispell, Montana – FCA)
- 4 hour drive from the Spokane International Airport (Spokane, Washington – GEG)
- 10 hour drive from Vancouver International Airport (Vancouver, BC – YVR)
APPROXIMATE DRIVING TIMES
- Cranbrook, BC – 1 hr
- Kimberley, BC – 1.25 hrs
- Whitefish/Kalispell, Montana – 2 hrs
- Spokane, Washington – 2 hrs
- Calgary, Alberta – 3 hrs
- Banff/Lake Louise, Alberta – 4 hrs
- Edmonton, Alberta – 6 hrs
- Seattle, Washington – 8 hrs
- Vancouver, BC – 10hrs